Saturday, December 6, 2008

One more Week -- Saturday, Dec. 6 -- Day 13

Today we bid farewell to two families -- Fiona and Scott & Angie -- as they depart back home. We have promised to look after their babies -- Christina and Aleksandr ("Sasha") for the next week, and we will see them again when we all return to finalize our adoptions next month.

We completed some paperwork during our visits today for the Embassy and for the Kaz consulate in regards to our adoption. Adelyn was a bit fussy today since she is getting more teeth and we don't have any Anbesol. She is biting on her sweater, our fingers and some teething toys, but her gums are still really hurting her. She fell asleep in Fawn's arms this morning, something she hasn't done since our first visits with her (now she knows that when she falls asleep, it is time for us to go so she fights to keep her eyes open).

After our visits today, we took a taxi to the City Mall (10 minutes away) and ate again at the Italian restaurant that we went to last night. This time, Fawn & I got pizza which was Excellent (fresh dough, real pizza sauce and tasty cheese). Tomorrow is Sunday and we don't get to visit Adelyn so we hope to get some souvenir shopping done near the Mall area.

Our Wi-Fi internet should be fixed on Monday, so we are stuck with dial-up until then. Perhaps we will get a chance tomorrow to visit the Karaganda Cafe to upload some photos, but that would mean lugging this heavy laptop all day. We will see. The weather has been surprisingly mild -- mostly clear skies during the day with highs in the upper 20s. The snow that has fallen has been light and typically come at night.

Aunt Carolyn was able to figure out the MasterCall long distance service that we signed up for (9 cents a minute) so we FINALLY got to talk with Andrew today. He seems happy and says he doesn't miss us. We know the truth (at least we hope) and we also know that he is sorely missed by us. We can't wait to come home to see him!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Guys! Just wanted to let you know I saw Andrew at St. Augustine Christmas dinner last night and he didn't mention you guys at all. :) Although, I did see him making an ornament for his mommy. I told him I saw pictures of his baby sister on my computer and he "beamed". Fawn I don't think I ever saw your mother smiling so much as when I was talking about her new little grandaughter! I hope you are enjoying all this date time you have! I'm so jealous. Praying for you guys! Love,
Julie

cdbarger said...

Hi,
Things are fine here. Andrew was over Grandma and PopPops last night they sounded like they had lots of things for him to do. Going back to your house this afternoon when your mom brings him home. He talks about you guys all the time and we are making you lots of presents for when you get home. And Andrew got Adelyn a Christmas present to open for when she comes home in Jan. Hoping to go out this week with him so I can get some ideas for Christmas. Before you know it you guys will be home!!! Sadie is fine, she is eating well and going out with me for her walks. I think Andrew wants me to move in!!!!! We are having a great time together....

Talk to you both soon..
Carolyn

The Constein's 5 said...

Thanks for the updates - hope you all stay healthy from here on out.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are forming unique, close friendships with the other family couples. What a wonderful experience! Can't wait to hear all about it when you come in to work---your desk is done and waiting for you. I told Fred that I would need a lot of time just talking with you those two days you'll be in!