arrive for the afternoon visit
The Norma Supermarket
The medications purchased for the orphanage from the donations we received. An electronic baby scale and 2 blood glucose monitors with 100 test strips and lancets were donated as well
Today was very routine.....we were happy to see the baby this morning since we missed our visit last night. We think she recognizes us now and always gives us a big smile. She also did not want to go back to her caregiver when it was time to leave since she was in her Mommy's arms, so we think she is attaching to us! We are able to dress her and change her and give the bottle to her most days now. She is still just getting bottles, no food. Some of the babies in our group are eating apples and are about the same age! I am glad they are not giving us apples to feed her, for fear of choking at such a young age. She has changed even in the short time we have been here--she had no teeth on the first day, but has since cut 2 on the bottom. Her hair is also growing and Mommy thinks she can almost get a bow in it!! We worry about how much we will miss when we go home without her....
Today we went back to the Norma (grocery market) to get baby food and juice for the trip from Karaganda to Almaty. The Doctors will escort the babies to Almaty, where we will meet them to pick up our babies in January. We will take our travel bag with all the baby supplies tomorrow morning. During our break between visits, we walked to the Pharmacy and bought a big supply of medications and vitamins that the orphanage Doctor requested when we asked what they most needed with the donation money we collected. They have been very appreciative of all our donations, including the clothes we brought of Andrew's, the electronic baby scale and blood glucose monitors and strips--thank you again for your donations!!
Happy Birthday wishes, Karen--I hope you have a great day!!













3 comments:
Hi Fawn & Michael,
I've enjoyed reading all your posts. We are so excited for you. We can't wait to meet her, she is beautiful. We are thinking of you! Love, Kristen
Thank you Fawn for the Birthday wishes.. I took the day off to do some shopping.. I love checking in each day to see how you are doing (the blog is a excellent idea)! Checking your blog is now a part of my morning routine. I can't wait until you are able to bring her home -- I feel a connection to her!! Take care--Karen
Post a Comment