Friday, November 14, 2008

One Week and counting.....

We are down to our last seven days before departure....nervous, excited, sad, happy....a whirlwind of emotions going through right now. We have packed one suitcase full of baby clothes that we will donate to the orphanage, but still need to get our clothes together for packing. This will be a busy weekend and week to get everything ready.

Thank you to everyone who has provided us their best wishes and prayers. We are thankful to have such great support to help make this journey easier. Leaving Andrew for a month will be most difficult -- we really wish we could take him, but know it is just not practical. We hope to send live pictures and call him everyday. He should be in very good care (spoiled?) with his grandparents and Aunts who have "volunteered" to help.

Thank you to those who particpated in the Chip-in contribution for the orphanage. The $440 raised will go a long way in helping the medical needs of the babies there. So far, we purchased an electronic scale and two blood glucose monitors & strips, and will bring that on our trip. We will use the remaining money to buy items to bring on our second trip, once we see firsthand what they might still need.

Please feel free to communicate with us by placing a comment in this blog. Also, for those who haven't officially signed-in with a log-in and password, please do so since your "guest" status will expire soon.

1 comment:

cdbarger said...

Wow I can't believe you guys are leaving in six days!!! I know it has been a long journey, but she is there right now waiting for her mommy and daddy. I know you will worry about Andrew, but he will have lots of people taking very good care of him. I'm counting the days till I'm there to "spoil" him!!!! Have a safe trip to Kaz and I'm looking forward to reading your post and seeing your daughter (and my new niece)!
Love and prayers to you both,
Carolyn ...(and Bill!)