Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another day in paradise.....Day 2

Entrance to the Babyhouse
Happy Baby!

Snow Baby!
I can't get enough of this turtle!
Down time

We are settling nicely into our routine of visiting the babyhouse twice a day. We go from 10a-12p each day and then again at 4-6p. We have breakfast at the Hotel, which has been quite good and meet our driver at 9:50a for the trip to the orphanage. There are lots of families here from Children at Heart--a total of 5, plus a person from another agency. Angie and Scott and Fiona arrived on the 14th(1 week before us). They have been very kind mentors and have shown us the ropes, so to speak.
Today we went to the open market, which is about a 10 minute walk from our hotel between visits. We bought 1 of the 2 pairs of required baby tights for the trip from Karaganda to Almaty, that the baby will make with an escort.
Our visits at the orphange today were great, it was beautiful weather--sunny and probably close to 45 degress, so they said we could take the babies outside for about 20 minutes. We bundled them up and out we went! She seemed to enjoy being outside and was her happy self, smiling and even talking a bit of babble to us today. She is getting her first tooth, so we think that was bothering her a bit.
She loved the sea turtle that lights up that we brought from home! Michael got to feed her a bottle and we told her all about her big brother, Andrew too--she got a big smile! We can't wait to get her home so our family can be together!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fawn,
She is so beautiful!! My heart is just pounding right now. I can't wait until you bring her home so that I can see her!! Congratulations!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Fawn,
Would you be able to add my Mom to your blog? I want her to see her!! Her email is chraup@hotmail.com

Karen

cdbarger said...

Glad your visits are going well. She looks very happy in all the photos. Give her a kiss for me. Stay safe and warm....

Love,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I'm in tears - she is just beautiful!! We are so happy for your family. To see you & Michael beaming in that picture holding her makes all the ups & downs of this adventure just melt away.

So when I get back to MD in Jan I'm assuming we will be hitting Nordstroms for a shopping fling?! I'm already thinking of all the cute little girl clothes.

Susan



Susan

cdbarger said...

Hi Fawn & Michael, (I'm using Carolyn's access)

I just wanted to say how beautiful your little girl is! And she does look like a happy little baby!

You guys be safe!
Love,
Karen