Today we don't visit the orphanage....I'm sure the staff needs a break from all the parents. We hope to be able to get back upstairs to the room where everyone else is tomorrow. Being in the room with the kids is quite depressing. While the caregivers do an excellent job, it is still hard to see all the babies without a family and all the babies that are sick.
We all met at 11am and took 3 taxis to the City Center. We went to the City Mall--very upscale and very expensive. I found a darling little outfit in the Chico store, but when I converted tenge to US dollars, it was about $84--whoops, put that back... We also know why we see so many people carrying babies. The strollers were about $500 US in there too! It is the same stroller we see in Babies R Us for about $300. After visiting the Mickey store (for the 3rd time), we went to TSUM mall. It is more reasonable, with stalls of vendors. It was so hot in there, even without a coat, that I was beginning to feel sick, so we left to get some fresh air. When we returned they had lost electricity, but to our surprise they were still open! A few of us are not feeling very well--stomach issues. It may have been from the hamburger most of us ate Saturday night at the bowling alley....won't be trying that again!!
We are looking forward to visiting the babyhouse again tomorrow.....we missed seeing Adelyn today, we are very attached already!
We have been talking to Andrew daily, but this is the longest we have ever been away and I hope I can make it another 2 weeks without him--it's beginning to take its toll....
The weather continues to be very nice and sunny--possible snow predicted for Tuesday.
We all met at 11am and took 3 taxis to the City Center. We went to the City Mall--very upscale and very expensive. I found a darling little outfit in the Chico store, but when I converted tenge to US dollars, it was about $84--whoops, put that back... We also know why we see so many people carrying babies. The strollers were about $500 US in there too! It is the same stroller we see in Babies R Us for about $300. After visiting the Mickey store (for the 3rd time), we went to TSUM mall. It is more reasonable, with stalls of vendors. It was so hot in there, even without a coat, that I was beginning to feel sick, so we left to get some fresh air. When we returned they had lost electricity, but to our surprise they were still open! A few of us are not feeling very well--stomach issues. It may have been from the hamburger most of us ate Saturday night at the bowling alley....won't be trying that again!!
We are looking forward to visiting the babyhouse again tomorrow.....we missed seeing Adelyn today, we are very attached already!
We have been talking to Andrew daily, but this is the longest we have ever been away and I hope I can make it another 2 weeks without him--it's beginning to take its toll....
The weather continues to be very nice and sunny--possible snow predicted for Tuesday.













5 comments:
Hi guys! Hope everyone is feeling better by the time you read this. I love Adelyn's new clothes espically her shoe's!
Stay well and safe.
Love,
Carolyn
Keep your spirits up - I know it's hard to be away from Andrew but the next 2 weeks will fly by. Plus Aunt Carolyn is coming to spoil him & he will love having her all to himself. Remember what I told Kelly when we were in Albania & he ate a hamburger - "There is no USDA here".
Hug & kiss Adelyn coming home for everyone - can't wait until she is home.
Love,
Susan
It has been wonderful to be "on the trip with you" via this website! Thanks for the visual details, too. What a doll Adelyn is!! She couldn't be prettier. And what a smile! Andrew and Adelyn--precious family!
I finally figured out how to successfully get onto your blog. Yeah! Adelyn looks adorable she should fit in quite comfortably in the family, along with her adorable Aunt Denise:-)
Everyone,
I talked to Fawn and Michael this morning 12/3 and they are fine. They have been having trouble getting onto the internet so that is why they haven't posted anything new. Adelyn was a little under the weather but she is better now. Fawn and Michael have a court date of Dec. 13th (Sat), they shortened the mandatory visitation with the baby 5 days, which is very rare. The country has a independence holiday the
16th and 17th which closes everything down. Fawn and Michael hopefully will be back home the evening of the Dec. 15th if everything goes as planned. I'm leaving tomorrow the 4th to spend two weeks with Andrew and Wanda and hopefully see Fawn and Michael the 15th. Andrew is fine, he has a cold but GaGa and Grandma are taking very good care of him.
Carolyn
Post a Comment