Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Time Marches on......2 month update

Little Leprechaun baby

Andrew giving me my bottle (which I love)
My favorite pastime--standing....at anything (notice my cheeks are filling out?--I'm in the 50th percentile for weight now)

I'm standing at the train table (this does not make Andrew happy since I mess-up his track)

Do you think I look good in orange?--my first Italian pasta meal.

We have been home for 2 months already--60 days of sheer bliss! It is simply amazing how well Adelyn has adjusted and a joy to watch her thrive and grow. She is one of the happiest and sweetest babies we have ever known ( I guess we are just a wee bit partial!).
Since coming home, Adelyn has cut 2 top teeth and is now working on 2 more. So we are back to the days of drool! She has gained 3.5 pounds and is clapping, waving and pulling up and cruising on everything. She is even standing on her own for a few seconds and trying to climb up the stairs--she is very determined! Our pediatrician says she is right on track developmentally and was happy to see she had "stranger anxiety" on her second visit, where she did not want to go to the doctor. This means she trusts us and has bonded with us! We are happy to report all her bloodwork and testing came back fine--thankfully and most importantly, she is healthy!
We depart next week for a Eastern Carribean Disney Cruise. We can't wait to see what she thinks of the ship, pool, ocean--she loves the tub and loves to explore, so we think it will be a fun experience. She will be a long way from the only 2 rooms she knew in Karaganda. I can't help but think how happy I am that she is with us and taking this trip with us. Not bad for being home for 2 months! We'll post vacation photos when we return.
Below are 2 short video clips showing Adelyn's determination to walk (we repeated this sequence many, many times) and also of Adelyn's friend, Rocky the squirrel (see her reaction when he comes right up to the door as the video starts and her "Squeak Me" shoes from the Lorenz family, which she just loves to squeak)

1 comment:

Karen said...

She is so adorable in those clips! You guys have a great time on the cruise!