Sunday, February 15, 2009

First 2 weeks home!


Ok, do these sunglasses give it away?--Mommy and Daddy signed us up for a Disney Cruise over Andrew's Easter Break--Susan, Kelly and Connor are going too!!
I'm so happy--I'm going to WDW
It's the happiest place on earth, you know--I'll fit right in!

My GaGa gave me my first flowers!

Me and my Pop-Pop

The simple pleasures of a biter biscuit--until Daddy took it away because it was getting too soft!


We have been home 2 weeks already.

We arrived home as scheduled on Saturday January 31st at 5pm and were welcomed home by Adelyn and Andrew's Grandma, Pop-Pop and GaGa, Denise Picked us up and Paul, Kelly and Zoe surprised us at the airport, and Susan, Kelly and Connor were in town on business, so we were so happy they could see the baby before returning home the next morning.

The baby got a tour of her new home and seemed quite pleased with her room--it was the hanging butterflies, I think . Speaking of the room, she worked it--giving everyone her trademark smile, she clapped and waved bye-bye and charmed everyone's heart. She is totally comfortable with us and loves Andrew. She will lean in to give him kisses. He won't admit to liking this, but he makes sure we see every time she does it.

Adelyn is adjusting great, even sleeping through the night--no more midnight snacks by the end of the first week. She is eating cereal, baby fruits/veggies and her favorite staple of mashed potatoes, along with 32 oz of formula to wash it all down. She also loves mashed bananas and yobaby yogurt. She visited Babies R Us and the look on her face, was like--wow, I have been waiting on this moment my entire life! Also has been to Wal-mart, Target and to the grocery store. We all ventured out to eat last weekend to Chevys, which she slept thru.

When we went to Target, we were in the toy aisles and there were these baby dolls that are motion sensored and crawl and babble. As we passed by they started and she went crazy. I had to take her out of the cart and she was touching their faces, smiling and babbling to them! I felt bad for her as I know she misses the babies in the baby house. I am going to look into getting her signed up for a Gymboree class, so she can interact with some babies.

While reading the community paper, I came across an article about a new Russian Cultural Community center in our county. The article states that the center aims to provide educational opportunites for all county residents and a sense of unity for the Russian-speaking population. The center offers classes in Russian langauage, art, music, folk dance and chess for children, as well as Russian courses for adults seeking to learn the language. Through its classes and activities, the center aims to help children feel connected to their Russian roots. They had a New Year's Eve party including a visit from Ded Moroz--Grandfather Frost, a Russian folk character. We are going to look into going and hopefully be able to continue her native language in some aspect. Today we had a nice visit with Adelyn and Andrew's Great Uncle Sam and Great Aunt Carol. They stopped on their way back home from WV to NJ to see her. It was really nice to see them and we visited over a nice brunch at the Ram's Head. We hope to be able to introduce Adelyn to all of our family and friends soon.....we are working on baptism plans/date and hope to have it finalized by next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, Adelyn looks so happy. We hope her baptism is during our visit this summer (since your April and May look busy)!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Troy, Aunt Vicki, & family!

cdbarger said...

Hi Fawn! (it's Karen using Carolyn's login again)
When your mom gets back I would love to come over and visit! Adelyn looks so precious!!
Love,
Karen

Elena's Mom said...

Congratulations!!
Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!
I was considering Children at Heart for my 2nd adoption, so it was nice to see your blog.