Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's been 6 months today since we sent off our application!







It's hard to believe it has been 6 months already. In some ways the time has gone by fast, in others slow. As our agency stated recently, the waiting is the hardest part. I have to agree! We went to Minnesota last weekend. Michael and Andrew went to the largest indoor waterpark, which was in our hotel and I went to the largest Mall, the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. Even though I said I wasn't going to buy baby clothes beforehand, I caught a good sale and just couldn't resist. I bought 3 outfits in various sizes--just hope one or two will fit, or at least be too big instead of too small! At this point we just want to get over there!
For anyone considering KZ and agencies, we just want to say we have been pleased with our agency and how the process has progressed for us thus far. Our agency, Children at Heart, has been very helpful and responsive. We would highly recommend them and applaud their professionalism. We have read horror stories of people in process having to redo paperwork, not once but numerous times, having dossiers rejected and are waiting very long time frames to move through the various steps. While we know some can't be helped and are out of control of any agency--we feel having a well established agency with good in-country staff has certainly helped us. Children at Heart has been on top of it all and we are pleased to be working with them.
Andrew will be starting kindergarten next week, so we hope to post some pictures of this "event" soon (and believe me it will be an event; we already hear that he doesn't want to go to kindergarten).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! The nursery looks bright and cheery, too! I hope you wait is brief!!!